Acceptance Testing and Quality Management
• Quality: Stahlwerk Augustfehn places a high value on quality-orientated and timely work.
• ISO 9001-2008: Our quality approach is underscored by our ISO 9001-2008 certification.
• Manufacturing checks: Measurements and quality control procedures are a strong element at every stage of manufacturing.
• Training: Stahlwerk Augustfehn carries out continuing training of employees according to an established training plan.
• Education: In order to satisfy the future requirements of the market, Stahlwerk Augustfehn carries out in-house education of its personnel and also has a program of continuing education with outstanding educational organizations.
• Quality control (QC): In preparation for any step, manufacturing QC measures are planned and later implemented to ensure the high quality in the manufacturing process.
• Quality testing
• Measurement devices: State of the art measuring equipment, means of calibration and pre-adjustment procedures are employed in connection with machinery and tooling.
• Maintenance: Servicing of in-house machines is carried out by specially trained employees of Stahlwerk Augustfehn.
• Accurate and non-destructive testing: Techniques used include: Ultrasound, dye penetration, and magnetic crack testing; materials sampling and verification to ensure that the correct materials have been used; and spectral analysis.
• Routine mechanical testing: Tensile strength testing, notch test for bending integrity, and hardness testing (HBW, HV, HRC, and HB(LG)).
• Metallography: Grain investigations, and micrograph evaluation.
Current ISO 9000-2008 Certifications: